[Scons-users] Caching compiler side effects?

Andrew C. Morrow andrew.c.morrow at gmail.com
Sun Jun 1 19:42:30 EDT 2014

This was asked long ago on SO but never had a satisfactory reply:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3633542/scons-how-to-put-multiple-output-files-in-cache

I'm finding myself in the same situation. In some situations my C++
compiler emits an extra file along with the .o. I've declared the extra
file as a SideEffect, I believe correctly, but it does not appear to be
populated into the CacheDir, and therefore it is not copied back out when
the associated .o is retrieved from the cache.

How can I inform SCons that I want the extra file cached?

Thanks,
Andrew