[Scons-users] using scons for workflow

William Blevins wblevins001 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 9 20:10:30 EDT 2014

Keith,

I cannot give you explicit advice with such a generic example but I can
point to documentation that should help.  The SCons documentation is very
robust, so please check it out.

1. Make your source tree fit your needs.  Here's info for hierarchical
builds:
http://www.scons.org/doc/production/HTML/scons-user.html#chap-hierarchical
2. I keep build variables internal to scons whenever possible.  Keep in
mind that SConscripts are read completely before targets are built, so
order doesn't matter as long as you are setting the correct
SCons.Environment object. You should not need to export the required
environment variables into the python interpreter environment. This is
outside my general usage, so if I'm wrong someone will correct me I hope.
http://www.scons.org/doc/production/HTML/scons-user.html#chap-environments
3. Look here:
http://www.scons.org/doc/production/HTML/scons-user.html#idp284960

V/R,