[Scons-users] using scons for workflow

Keith Brown keith6014 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 9 19:57:32 EDT 2014

At the moment I am using Make for my workflow eventhough this isn't for
source code compilation. I have several tasks which execute Python, R, Perl
and Shell scripts.

Some of these tasks last for few minutes to hours and obviously I don't
want to rerun everything if not needed.

I was wondering if anyone has been doing something similar to what I am
doing.

So, far my question are:

How do you setup the directory structure?  I know there will be a
SConstruct file.
How do you handle environment variables? Does each one of my script
(R,Perl,etc..) need to explicitly set?  Ideally, I would like my SConstruct
file to have the environment variables.
Once my output file is created, I would like to test it for existence
(obvious) and also the size of the file.