[Scons-users] Problems with the Java builder

Gary Oberbrunner garyo at oberbrunner.com
Fri Jan 24 11:20:51 EST 2014

On Fri, Jan 24, 2014 at 7:38 AM, Tom Tanner (BLOOMBERG/ LONDON)
<ttanner2 at bloomberg.net> wrote:

> An answer would be to look at making scons truss (or use interpose libraries) the command it is executing and parse the outbut for files being created/opened (c.f. http://code.google.com/p/fabricate/)

> This gives you your input dependencies and your actual generated targets (not just the ones you thought you generated...)

I think this is a prime area for further research. It could be the
foundation of a truly next-gen build tool. (I think inotify is
probably good enough, don't need truss perhaps.) But as you say, even
if you do that things are still complicated, especially with generated
source files. Something to think about, though.

--
Gary