[Scons-users] Builder execution order?

Dirk Bächle tshortik at gmx.de
Sun Jan 19 16:11:33 EST 2014

On 19.01.2014 21:56, delbert dev wrote:

> Yes setting UNPACKLIST does this trick, I missed that from the

> documentation, thanks! But its pretty tedious to write out the whole

> list of expected files.

This is valuable feedback that you might want to forward to the actual
maintainer of the Download/Unpack tools...

> I have skipped the Unpack builder because of this and now I simply do:

> pkg = env.URLDownload(gtestOutputFile, gtestUrl)

> outdir = "xxc"

> if platform.system().lower() == 'windows':

> "print call 7zip"

> else:

> unzipit = Command('unzip stuff', [], 'unzip ' + gtestOutputFile +

> ' -d ' + outdir)

> Not perfect but it does the job.

Good to hear that you got things working. One suggestion though: in your
sources above you should add the downloaded file as source for the Command.

unzipit = Command('unzip stuff', [gtestOutputFile], 'unzip ' +
gtestOutputFile + ' -d ' + outdir)

Else you might run into the same error as before, because SCons wouldn't
see the dependency between the targets "pkg" and "unzipit".

Regards,