[Scons-users] Builder execution order?

delbert dev delbertum at gmail.com
Sat Jan 18 14:53:13 EST 2014

URLDOWNLOAD_USEURLFILENAME=False makes it possible to override that it
should NOT use the filename from the url.

I tried this:

pkg = env.URLDownload(gtestOutputFile, gtestUrl)
dir = env.Unpack( ouutdir, gtestOutputFile )
Depends(dir, pkg)
a = env.Alias('abc', pkg)
b = env.Alias('xyz', dir)

scons: *** source file [gtest-1.7.0.zip] must be exist Stop.

and it gives the same result.

It appears to me that scons is not designed to design/implement a buildflow
(like ant, maven, gradle etc.) but are specialized to simply
compiling/building a single cross platform cpp/c binary.

Maybe its time to give this a try:
http://www.gradleware.com/news/blog/creating-world-class-cc-build-system-gradle
http://www.gradle.org/docs/current/userguide/userguide_single.html#native_binaries:languages