[Scons-users] Builder execution order?

Gary Oberbrunner garyo at oberbrunner.com
Fri Jan 17 12:35:44 EST 2014

On Thu, Jan 16, 2014 at 7:21 PM, delbert dev <delbertum at gmail.com> wrote:

> env.Replace(URLDOWNLOAD_USEURLFILENAME = False )

> ouutdir = Entry('outdir')

> a = env.Alias('abc', env.URLDownload(gtestOutputFile, gtestUrl))

> b = env.Alias('xyz', env.Unpack( ouutdir, gtestOutputFile ))

First, why do you set URLDOWNLOAD_USEURLFILENAME to False? I haven't
tried it but it looks from the code like it wouldn't work very well to
use the full URL as a filename, and it could also be causing the
dependency to be broken if it's not a valid path.

But second, when you do Depends(b, a) you're only saying that the
alias depends on the other alias. Try this (not tested):
pkg = env.URLDownload(gtestOutputFile, gtestUrl)
dir = env.Unpack( ouutdir, gtestOutputFile )
Depends(dir, pkg)
a = env.Alias('abc', pkg)
b = env.Alias('xyz', dir)

--