[Scons-users] SCons testing

Matias Iturburu matias.iturburu at tallertechnologies.com
Thu Jan 2 14:06:17 EST 2014

2014/1/2 Leandro Moreno <leandro.moreno at tallertechnologies.com>

> Hello Dirk and Scons list!!

> I have some problems trying to use this. The problem is that I'm working

> in a extension of SCons, It's Fbuild (

> https://bitbucket.org/fudepan/fudepan-build). And I want to use the

> TestSCons module to test It. I appended QMTest and runtest.py to my

> project. I created a 'test/' folder, and I added a .py that imports

> TestSCons and when It try to create:

> test = TestSCons.TestSCons()

> I have this traceback:

> 1/1 (100.00%) /usr/bin/python -tt test/test-info/scontest-info.py

> Traceback (most recent call last):

> File "test/test-info/scontest-info.py", line 25, in <module>

> test = TestSCons.TestSCons()

> File "/home/moreno/fudepan-build/QMTest/TestSCons.py", line 234, in

> __init__

> os.chdir(script_dir)

> OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory:

> '/home/moreno/fudepan-build/src/script'

> Exception AttributeError: "'TestSCons' object has no attribute '_dirlist'"

> in <bound method TestSCons.__del__ of 7f24ad802ad0> ignored

The *runstest.py* script is made to be run from scons source tree so it
assumes you are in a place where *os.path.join(cwd, 'src', 'script')* makes
sense (
https://bitbucket.org/scons/scons/src/b4bc497169982867173f79dbd1c49f8d78ede803/runtest.py?at=default#cl-610
).
You should probably replace those paths or workaround that limitation.

> So, what is the problem? Can I change the /src/ directory? Is posible to

> use the test module in my project? Or only work into SCons? What can I do?

> Thanks.

> On Mon, Dec 30, 2013 at 2:17 PM, Leandro Moreno <

> leandro.moreno at tallertechnologies.com> wrote:

>> Thank you very much Dirk!

>> On Mon, Dec 30, 2013 at 1:45 PM, Dirk Baechle <tshortik at gmx.de> wrote:

>>> Hi Leandro,

>>> Am 30.12.2013 13:46, schrieb Leandro Moreno:

>>> Hello guys! How are you?

>>> a few days ago I pasted the contents of the file

>>> 'QMTest/test-framework.rst' into the Wiki at

>>> http://www.scons.org/wiki/DeveloperGuide/TestingMethodology

>>> . That's as good as it gets at the moment, I think. The documentation in

>>> the source file, and the existing tests in the default repository might

>>> also be useful resources.

>>> If you have more specific question beyond that, please continue asking

>>> on the User mailing list.

>>> 2- When I try to import this, doesn't exist the module, I cannot import

>>> The "runtest.py" script should add the required paths automatically. If

>>> you try to import TestSCons in your own Python scripts, you'll have to

>>> ensure that the "QMTest" folder is in the Python path.

>>> Please use the testing framework from the default SCons repository. This

>>> is the latest and most-up-to-date version...

>>> Best regards,

>>> Dirk

>>> Scons-users mailing list

>>> Scons-users at scons.org

>> --

>> <http://www.tallertechnologies.com>

>> Leandro Moreno

>> Intern Engineer

>> San Lorenzo 47, 3rd Floor, Office 5

>> Córdoba, Argentina

>> Phone: +54 351 4217888 / +54 351 4218211

>> Skype: letossgm

> --

> <http://www.tallertechnologies.com>

> Leandro Moreno

> Intern Engineer

> San Lorenzo 47, 3rd Floor, Office 5

> Córdoba, Argentina

> Phone: +54 351 4217888 / +54 351 4218211

> Skype: letossgm

<http://www.tallertechnologies.com>
Matías Iturburu
Software Engineer

*San Lorenzo 47, 3rd Floor, Office 5 Córdoba, Argentina *

*Phone: +54 351 4217888 / +54 351 4218211 Skype: matias.iturburu*