[Scons-users] SCons testing

Leandro Moreno leandro.moreno at tallertechnologies.com
Thu Jan 2 13:51:15 EST 2014

Hello Dirk and Scons list!!

I have some problems trying to use this. The problem is that I'm working in
a extension of SCons, It's Fbuild (
https://bitbucket.org/fudepan/fudepan-build). And I want to use the
TestSCons module to test It. I appended QMTest and runtest.py to my
project. I created a 'test/' folder, and I added a .py that imports
TestSCons and when It try to create:

test = TestSCons.TestSCons()

I have this traceback:

>>> python runtest.py -a

1/1 (100.00%) /usr/bin/python -tt test/test-info/scontest-info.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "test/test-info/scontest-info.py", line 25, in <module>
test = TestSCons.TestSCons()
File "/home/moreno/fudepan-build/QMTest/TestSCons.py", line 234, in
__init__
os.chdir(script_dir)
OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory:
'/home/moreno/fudepan-build/src/script'
Exception AttributeError: "'TestSCons' object has no attribute '_dirlist'"
in <bound method TestSCons.__del__ of 7f24ad802ad0> ignored

So, what is the problem? Can I change the /src/ directory? Is posible to
use the test module in my project? Or only work into SCons? What can I do?

Thanks.

On Mon, Dec 30, 2013 at 2:17 PM, Leandro Moreno <
leandro.moreno at tallertechnologies.com> wrote:

> Thank you very much Dirk!

> On Mon, Dec 30, 2013 at 1:45 PM, Dirk Baechle <tshortik at gmx.de> wrote:

>> Hi Leandro,

>> Am 30.12.2013 13:46, schrieb Leandro Moreno:

>> Hello guys! How are you?

>>> I'm trying to use the TestScons module. And I have some questions about

>>> that.

>>> 1- Are there some documentation about how use correctly TestScons?

>> a few days ago I pasted the contents of the file

>> 'QMTest/test-framework.rst' into the Wiki at

>> http://www.scons.org/wiki/DeveloperGuide/TestingMethodology

>> . That's as good as it gets at the moment, I think. The documentation in

>> the source file, and the existing tests in the default repository might

>> also be useful resources.

>> If you have more specific question beyond that, please continue asking on

>> the User mailing list.

>> 2- When I try to import this, doesn't exist the module, I cannot import

>>> It. So, is there a way to do it? TestScons come with Scons default or