[Scons-users] Chaining generated sources.

Dirk Bächle tshortik at gmx.de
Sat Feb 22 03:45:54 EST 2014

On 22.02.2014 00:55, William Blevins wrote:

> I may be able to work around this if

> I can force the execution of the builder immediately.

> SCons supplies an "Execute" function,

> but I may not be building the Action correctly.

I'm not sure that this is really the way to go here. What actually
should happen is, that the protoc builder correctly emits the list of
resulting targets (*.java files).
In your Sconstruct/SConscript this list should then be input to the
Javac Builder, such that *.class files are created.

From what I can see in your dependency trees, this last step seems to
be missing.

Can you post the full source code of your example, or point us to its
repository (if on bitbucket/github/...)? Then someone can have a closer
look. It would be helpful to see at least the SConstruct where you call
the protoc/java stuff...

Are you using the protoc Builder straight from the Wiki (as Code
snippet), or did you download/clone the repo from the address given in
the ToolsIndex ( http://www.scons.org/wiki/ToolsIndex )?