[Scons-users] Chaining generated sources.

William Blevins wblevins001 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 21 18:55:42 EST 2014

I may be able to work around this if
I can force the execution of the builder immediately.

SCons supplies an "Execute" function,
but I may not be building the Action correctly.

Psuedo code:

// Invoke the builder with calls the emitter
env.Protoc( [], Glob( '*.proto' ), OUTPUTDIR = 'dir' )

// Try to execute immediately
Execute( SCons.Action.Action( env['PROTOCCOM'] ) )
// Resulting call: "protoc -Isrc/proto"
// As you can see, I have no $SOURCES but I don't know why
// As a side note, this command returns an error code of 1, yet
Execute returns true vice false?

// Another try to execute immediately
Execute( env.Action( env['PROTOCCOM'] ) )
// Resulting call: "protoc -Isrc/proto"
// Interestingly, this one throws an Exception complaining of missing protoc.

I imagine that what I want to do it rather straight-forward, but I am
missing a step. My Python isn't great so any help would be
appreciated.

V/R,

Will