[Scons-users] generate alias list with descriptions

Brian Fitzgerald bfitz at blizzard.com
Fri Feb 7 12:37:10 EST 2014

We do this with this bit of code at the end of the SConstruct, and it's quite possible it was cribbed from the SCons wiki.

First, this bit for setting an option

AddOption('--aliases',
dest='aliases',
action='store_true',
default=False,
help='List all available build targets')

and then this to actually show the aliases (we have a special call-out for the most important aliases, and if we were clever, we'd not print those twice, but it's not that important):

if GetOption('aliases'):
print 'Available Build Aliases:'
print '-----'
aliases = SCons.Node.Alias.default_ans.keys()
aliases.sort()
for x in aliases:
print x

print ''
print 'Build Groups:'
print '-----'
for x in filter(lambda x: 'build_' in x, aliases):
print x
Exit(0)