[Scons-users] Scons not using MinGW to build although being told to

Andreas Krügersen a.kruegersen at web.de
Thu Dec 18 02:17:29 EST 2014

Am 18.12.2014 00:30, schrieb Dirk Bächle:
> On 17.12.2014 23:26, Andreas Krügersen wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> [...]
>>
>> --------------------------------
>> env = Environment(tools=[])
>> env.Tool('mingw')
>> #print env.Dump()
>> Program('hello.cpp')
>> --------------------------------
>>

> and as a quick addendum: since you configured your Environment "env",
> you should then use it to compile the Program with
>
>   env.Program('hello.cpp')
>
> , instead of
>
>   Program('hello.cpp')
>
> . The latter will use the so-called DefaultEnvironment, which is
> obviously not what you want.
>
> Dirk

Hi Dirk,

taking a look at the FAQ and trying to set the PATH directly was
actually one of the first things I've tried. And seeing it didn't work
anyway and that the PATH was correct in the dumped environment (which I
failed to add to my post), I removed that again since I though it wasn't
necessary (and it wasn't).

The real problem was not writing env.Program() though! Sometimes you
don't see the forest for the trees...

It works fine now using

env = Environment(tools=[])
env.Tool('mingw')