[Scons-users] Has anyone used Purify with SCons?

Dirk Bächle tshortik at gmx.de
Wed Aug 20 17:35:27 EDT 2014

Hi,

On 20.08.2014 17:41, doc wrote:
> Purify's instructions state that all you need to do is merely put
> purify before the gcc/g++ command. Simple.  But I don't see how to do
> this with SCons.
>
> Can someone point me to some documentation or examples.

here is an example for "distcc":

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/8025988/scons-with-distcc

As Bill pointed out in his reply, depending on whether you want to
compile/link static or shared libraries you have to redefine CC, CXX,
SHCC, SHCXX, LINK, SHLINK in a similar fashion. Example:

   import os
   env = Environment(ENV = {'PATH' : os.environ.get('PATH','')},
                     CC = "purify gcc",
                     CXX = "purify g++")