[Scons-users] NoClean and node lists

Dirk Bächle tshortik at gmx.de
Sat Apr 26 05:42:37 EDT 2014

On 26.04.2014 11:29, Dirk Bächle wrote:

> Hi Robert,

> [...]

> If I find the time, I'll dig into the code and try to find out why

> your approach doesn't work too.

> Best regards,

> Dirk

Okay, found it in "SCons/Scripts/Main.py" (CleanTask), ll. 353:

def remove(self):
target = self.targets[0]
if (target.has_builder() or target.side_effect) and not
target.noclean:
for t in self.targets:
try:
removed = t.remove()

So, for multi-target builders SCons checks only the first one in the
target list for the "NoClean" flag. Hmmm, now this looks a bit like a
lazy hack to me.
As your post clearly showed, a user would expect a different behaviour.
Does anybody know of a situation where the current code actually makes
sense, or should we file a bug report for this?

Regards,