[Scons-users] NoClean and node lists

Dirk Bächle tshortik at gmx.de
Sat Apr 26 05:29:39 EDT 2014

Hi Robert,

On 26.04.2014 01:05, robert zeigler wrote:

> I have been playing with "NoClean" in conjunction with some

> multi-target build steps I have where I want to mark certain targets

> within that step as NoClean, but the remaining targets can be safely

> cleaned.

> It seems with NoClean it is an all-or-nothing proposition (using

> scons-2.3.0)?

> For instance, consider this trivial build script:

> Command("baz", "", "echo hello > $TARGET")

> Command(["foo", "bar"], "baz", "cat baz > foo && echo hellofoo >> foo

> && cat baz > bar && echo hellobar >> bar")

> [...]

> Am I missing something? Shouldn't I be able to specify a subset of

> targets in a multi-target step as NoClean?

yes, you should. Apparently, SCons is a little confused over the way you
define two dependencies at once in your Command builder. Please try to
split them up:

Command("baz", "", "echo hello > $TARGET")
Command("foo", "baz", "cat baz > foo && echo hellofoo >> foo")
Command("bar", "baz", "cat baz > bar && echo hellobar >> bar")

then the NoClean() method works fine for all the three targets on my
side. I hope this workaround helps you further already. If I find the
time, I'll dig into the code and try to find out why your approach
doesn't work too.