[Scons-users] how to find dependencies of a given Node?

Bill Deegan bill at baddogconsulting.com
Fri Sep 6 19:55:58 EDT 2013

David,

It doesn't work that way..
Take a read through this.
http://scons.org/wiki/SconsProcessOverview

A SCons Beginner will often think that the actions listed in the
SConstruct/SConscript are executed right away, and that the full dependency
tree is available at that point. It's not. The SConstruct/SConscripts tell
SCons what to do and with what files, and then SCons builds the dependency
tree and processes it.

That said, a custom builder may be able to do what you want.

-Bill