[Scons-users] how to find dependencies of a given Node?

David Roundy roundyd at physics.oregonstate.edu
Fri Sep 6 18:40:07 EDT 2013

Hi all,

I want to create a tarball for a latex file that includes both the file,
and all of its direct dependencies (i.e. the image files included in the
latex, but not the source for those image files). I've been considering
how to implement this, and my best guess is to try something like:

t = PDF('file.tex')
deps = RunSconsScanner(t)??? # or 'file.tex'?

# Set TARFLAGS to create a gzip-filtered archive.
env = Environment(TARFLAGS = '-c -z')
for node in [t]+deps:
a = Command(target='archive/'+str(node), source = node,
action=Copy('$TARGET', '$SOURCE'))
env.Tar('file.tar.gz', a)

The missing bit here is how to ask scons for the dependencies of
'file.pdf'. Any suggestions?
--
David Roundy