[Scons-users] Using $SOURCE files with _concat and Command String Parsing

William D. Jones thor0505 at comcast.net
Thu Oct 24 20:23:13 EDT 2013

Hello Drifk.

This seems to be a recurring theme- only being able to respond once a month.
However, I finally uploaded my tool to a git repository, but I can't add my
link to the wiki since I don't have an account and the Tools page appears to
be immutable. Would you be willing to add the information for me?

The Tool is for The OpenWatcom C/C++ Compiler, and can be checked out using
the following command:
"git clone http://code.google.com/p/scons-wat/ watcom"

"watcom" is the name of the tool passed into the Tools option in
Environment, so this can be cloned directly into a project or installed to
the user's .scons directory and will work either way,

Any feedback on making the tool better would be appreciated- there are
certainly edge cases (particularly with the fact that to link resource
files, I have to separate them from object files using the "resource"
directive), but I need time to make some test builds for it.

Additionally, there are some variables that I have defined to customize the
compiler's target environment, such as env['USE_386'], and env['MEMMODEL'].
I'm not sure if defining new environment variables is the most appropriate
way (or obvious way to new users) to go about solving this issue where
certain command line variables are required to be in the environment (e.g.
in CCCOM), but their values are not known until build time. This does work
for the time being however.

Thanks for the help!

Sincerely,