[Scons-users] weird bug that responds to presence/absence of print statement

Henry Gomersall heng at cantab.net
Fri Oct 11 04:02:03 EDT 2013

I've rather a strange problem that I'm trying to understand in debugging
my tool (https://gist.github.com/hgomersall/6915968#file-jinja-py)
further to discussions yesterday.

The problem I'm encountering is the simple presence of a print statement
in the Builder action function allows the tool to work, removing it
breaks it. (Essentially, I add `str(template_file)` at line 23, where
template_file is an element in the source arg).

Is there some nefarious effect going on with SCons using the stdout from
the builder action to do something?

Cheers,

Henry