[Scons-users] [Scons-dev] Corrupt cache?

Gary Oberbrunner garyo at oberbrunner.com
Fri May 17 08:18:33 EDT 2013

[Tom, this is probably more of a scons-users at scons.org question; moving to
that list. -- Gary]

SCons can warn if it can't copy something to the cache, if you turn on
--warn=cache-write-error (it's off by default). Unless you're doing
something unusual with deciders or custom signatures, I don't see how it
could store different objects under the same cache filename though -- see
CacheDir.py:cachepath(). If it's repeatable, you can probably learn more
by going into CacheDir.py and setting cache_debug to a filename or "-" for
stdout.

-- Gary

On Fri, May 17, 2013 at 5:39 AM, Tom Tanner (BLOOMBERG/ LONDON) <
ttanner2 at bloomberg.net> wrote:

> I've recently had a problem with some object being copied to the cache

> *but* the copy didn't happen because the target thing already existed, but

> the new object and old object had different md5sums. Not surprisingly this

> causes very strange problems when the files get copied from the cache.

> I'm not sure how to identify what on earth is causing this, and how to

> trigger a warning if it happens (either on copying to or copying from), as

> it's a bit of a disaster.

Gary