[Scons-users] max-drift vs. Decider

Bill Deegan bill at baddogconsulting.com
Sat Mar 30 21:19:45 EDT 2013

Alexander,

>From the SCons man page:

http://www.scons.org/doc/production/HTML/scons-man.html
--max-drift=*SECONDS* Set the maximum expected drift in the modification
time of files to *SECONDS*. This value determines how long a file must be
unmodified before its cached content signature will be used instead of
calculating a new content signature (MD5 checksum) of the file's contents.
The default value is 2 days, which means a file must have a modification
time of at least two days ago in order to have its cached content signature
used. A negative value means to never cache the content signature and to
ignore the cached value if there already is one. A value of 0 means to
always use the cached signature, no matter how old the file is.

-Bill