[Scons-users] time profile

Jay Damask jaydamask at gmail.com
Sat Jun 8 16:26:54 EDT 2013

Philipp Kraus <philipp.kraus <at> flashpixx.de> writes:

Hi Phil,

My original thought about the $COM string is because you *know* this is when
an action is executed. I'm not too familiar w/ SCons yet, so I don't know a
pure-SCons way to trap an action execution. That is, SCons dependency
building may not (likely) coincide with action execution. Likely the SCons
dependency inspection phase is far shorter than the builds, so trapping at
the build phase (e.g. not in the $COM string) won't introduce significant
error.

To me the key points are trapping tic and toc on a wall-clock in a natural,
native SCons manner.

I agree that having build times in your db is a good idea. If I ever
something out I'll post it.

Regards,
-Jay