[Scons-users] scons exe issue -- error is "no attribute 'main'"

Dirk Bächle tshortik at gmx.de
Fri Jul 19 15:05:32 EDT 2013

Eric,

I downloaded the official production tarball for SCons 2.3.0 and
reproduced your steps on my machine (Ubuntu 12.0.4 LTS). The install to
"/opt/scons-230" went smoothly and SCons is running fine. I have Python
2.7 installed as default...

There is one thing I noticed though: You seem to have Python installed
in a separate path as well. If you have more than one version installed,
it might be the case that you installed SCons with 2.5.4...but are
trying to run it with another.

Just a wild guess and it probably leads nowhere, but maybe you want to
check which version you get on a simple "python". The header of the
"scons" start script tries to call "/usr/bin/env scons"...does the
latter point to your 2.5.4 version?

Finally, two more questions:

1) Can you successfully call one of the other scripts "scons-time" or
"sconsign"?
2) Did you already try to call "scons" with the full path
(/data/chn_bedrock_work/eotto/transfer/scons/bin/scons)?

Regards,

Dirk