[Scons-users] scons exe issue -- error is "no attribute 'main'"

Eric S Otto eric.s.otto at seagate.com
Fri Jul 19 08:00:45 EDT 2013

Hi, Dirk --

I downloaded the "Production" tarball (2.3.0) from scons.org and did the
basic install like this:

/apps/python/2.5.4_32bit/bin/python setup.py install
--prefix=/data/chn_bedrock_work/eotto/transfer/scons

My IT department also installed it in a different path, and it fails the
same way.

When I did it, it seemed to install normally and without any issues.

Regarding the failure (my original complaint), it fails the same way
whether I try to run it normally (i.e., try to build my code from a
different directory using a Sconstruct file, etc.) or if I simply go to the
path where scons lives and try to execute it on its own from there.

Thanks for your help. I will look at the other suggestions as well, and
continue to poke at it.

-- Eric