[Scons-users] scons exe issue -- error is "no attribute 'main'"

Dirk Bächle tshortik at gmx.de
Thu Jul 18 19:31:03 EDT 2013

Hi Eric,

On 19.07.2013 00:30, Eric S Otto wrote:

> Hi there --

> I have what may be a silly problem, but I need to resolve it. I'm not

> a Scons pro, nor am I a Linux pro, so bear with me. I'm simply a user

> of each. We have successfully setup Scons to build our code in the

> Windows environment. I'm now trying to implement that exact

> functionality on a Linux system. I installed Scons on Linux using

> Python 2.5.4, and when we get to the point where we invoke the scons

> executable, this error is returned:

> [eotto at lco-vlsi-lg6 bin]$ scons

> Traceback (most recent call last):

> File "scons", line 192, in ?

> SCons.Script.main()

> AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'main'

> I have spent more than enough time guessing at and Googling for the

> answer, so if anyone might have some insight, I'm ready for help.

this looks a bit as if some part of the installation failed, or
something in your shell environment is not quite right.
Which version number of SCons are we talking about? Did you download the
"source" archive or the "scons-local" one?
How exactly did you install it, which steps did you take or which
commands were executed?