[Scons-users] scons exe issue -- error is "no attribute 'main'"

Eric S Otto eric.s.otto at seagate.com
Thu Jul 18 18:30:12 EDT 2013

Hi there --

I have what may be a silly problem, but I need to resolve it. I'm not a
Scons pro, nor am I a Linux pro, so bear with me. I'm simply a user of
each. We have successfully setup Scons to build our code in the Windows
environment. I'm now trying to implement that exact functionality on a
Linux system. I installed Scons on Linux using Python 2.5.4, and when we
get to the point where we invoke the scons executable, this error is
returned:

[eotto at lco-vlsi-lg6 bin]$ scons
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "scons", line 192, in ?
SCons.Script.main()
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'main'

I have spent more than enough time guessing at and Googling for the answer,
so if anyone might have some insight, I'm ready for help.

Thank you.

-- Eric