[Scons-users] Building cppunit with scons (configure and make)

Carl Cerecke carl.cerecke at compacsort.com
Sun Dec 8 20:51:40 EST 2013


We have cppunit (cppunit-1.12.1) that we would like to build with scons. It
uses autoconf currently.

I'm hoping to be able to use a variant_dir build....

I tried to just use scons, but the ./configure step creates a number of
files which the build requires.

I tried to use the AutoConfigBuilder and MakeBuilder from
http://www.scons.org/wiki/CustomBuilders, but have had a lot of trouble.
The ./configure step wants to create files it doesn't need to, and the
MakeBuilder is giving me weird errors (which I don't have handy right
now...). I'm thinking that it might have something to do with the symlinks
in the build directory confusing configure and make.

After a bit of fiddling around, I've managed to get AutoConfigBuilder to
run configure. I had to add a bunch of lines like so ()to get the symlinks
Depends(configure_targets, Glob('3rdParty/cppunit-1.12.1/*/*'))

I thought I would use scons to build libcppunit.a instead of Make. But I
can't seem to get StaticLibrary to run *after* the ./configure step, and
also a generated header file (cppunit-1.12.1/include/cppunit/config-auto.h)
will disappear (even though I used Precious() on it). Now I'm getting a
dependency cycle, but I can't work out why it appears:

/x/debug/3rdParty/cppunit-1.12.1/include/cppunit ->
/x/debug/3rdParty/cppunit-1.12.1/include/cppunit/config-auto.h ->

I think I'm on the wrong track, and my googling isn't helping....

Carl Cerecke

*M:* +64 21 205 0239
*F:* +64 9 634 4491
*Skype:* carl-compac
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://four.pairlist.net/pipermail/scons-users/attachments/20131209/bab3672e/attachment.html

More information about the Scons-users mailing list