[Scons-users] modifying how scons looks for dependencies?

robert zeigler robert.zeigler at gmail.com
Fri Dec 6 20:16:31 EST 2013

I'm experimenting with using scons in a distributed compute environment,
where the main scons process runs on a master node, but individual tasks
are farmed out to compute nodes.

This works fine as long as the build is occurring in a shared-storage
location visible to all nodes. However, I'm exploring use cases where
POSIX-compliant storage may not be available (or desirable), but an
alternative, fast, shared data store is.

My question is, is it possible to override the default mechanism scons uses
for checking that a dependency exists before building a target?

Thanks,

Robert