[Scons-users] Segmentation faults in scons-2.2.0

Gary Oberbrunner garyo at oberbrunner.com
Sun Aug 18 21:56:59 EDT 2013

In theory, no program written in python should be able to crash the python
interpreter itself, which is what is happening to you. What this means is
there's a definitely a bug in python on Interix. The crash may or may not
be due to a higher-level bug (e.g. something in SCons), but at this point
what you're seeing is too far from the SCons code to be able to tell. In
order to make further progress, you'd probably have to build python from
source on your Interix box -- not at all impossible, if you have a C/C++
development environment, but might be more than you're willing to get into.

I know it's not really relevant, but might cygwin be a possible replacement
for Interix for you? It's much more widely used, I think, and probably
better supported.

Gary