[Scons-users] Segmentation faults in scons-2.2.0

Chris Irvine cirvine1 at telus.net
Fri Aug 16 19:04:59 EDT 2013

$ python --version

Python 2.6.2

The core can be looked at with that "gbd python core" command. Thanks. It
shows the three warnings below and they are repeated numerous times, always
as warnings.

This GDB was configured as "i586-pc-interix3"...

Core was generated by `python /usr/local/bin/scons -H'.

Reading symbols from /usr/lib/x86/libdl.so.5.2...done.

Loaded symbols for /usr/lib/x86/libdl.so.5.2

Reading symbols from /usr/local/lib/x86/libreadline.so...

warning: "_environ": indirect symbol does not have real one (-1)

warning: "_RaiseException at 16": indirect symbol does not have real one (-1)

warning: "_beThreadSafe": indirect symbol does not have real one (-1)

done.

My system is Interix 6.1 and 64 bit system. Microsoft regard Interix as
third-party software now. The Microsoft link about vfork you had is for
Interix 3 and written back in 2005. I hope it has been fixed?? In the
python makefile, it has

MACHDEP= interix6

The configuration may be the culprit.

Cheers