[Scons-users] Implicit dependency file search

Nathan Paul Simons MgA5Ge0b-scons at hardcorehackers.com
Mon Aug 5 15:55:48 EDT 2013

On Wed, Jul 31, 2013 at 01:09:33AM +0200, Dirk Bächle wrote:

> On 31.07.2013 00:36, Nathan Paul Simons wrote:

> >I corrected those errors, and still have the same result; surprisingly,

> >I can only seem to reproduce the error under Cygwin. I'm still testing

> >things out, so I'll have to get back to you. Thanks!

> when you mention "Cygwin" this rings a bell in my head. Don't we

> always have trouble with native Python vs. the Cygwin version, or

> somethin'?

> Can you please give us some more details about how exactly your

> environment looks like?

> Which versions of Python and Cygwin are you using? OS is Windows, I suppose?

Sorry for the late response; yes, it's under windows, with the Python
that comes with Cygwin (Python 2.7.3). I'm currently trying SCons 2.3.0,
but I've been having this problem for a while (since at least 2.2.0).
I've also tried on a Debian Linux box with Python 2.7.3 and SCons 2.3.0
and it seems to work there. Output of scons --tree=prune under Cygwin:

scons: Reading SConscript files ...
scons: done reading SConscript files.
scons: Building targets ...
gcc -o subdir/hello.o -c -Isubdir subdir/hello.c
gcc -o subdir/hello.exe subdir/hello.o
+-.
+-SConstruct
+-subdir
+-subdir/hello.c
+-subdir/hello.exe
| +-subdir/hello.o
| | +-subdir/hello.c
| | +-/bin/gcc
| +-/bin/gcc
+-[subdir/hello.o]
+-subdir/SConstruct
scons: done building targets.

Same thing under same versions in Debian:

scons: Reading SConscript files ...
scons: done reading SConscript files.
scons: Building targets ...
gcc -o subdir/hello.o -c -Isubdir subdir/hello.c
gcc -o subdir/hello subdir/hello.o
+-.
+-SConstruct
+-subdir
+-subdir/SConstruct
+-subdir/hello
| +-subdir/hello.o
| | +-subdir/hello.c
| | +-subdir/hello.h
| | +-/usr/bin/gcc
| +-/usr/bin/gcc
+-subdir/hello.c
+-subdir/hello.h
+-[subdir/hello.o]
scons: done building targets.

Perhaps it's an FS ordering or lookup problem? Had something similar a
while back on my current project when listing directory contents using
C's opendir() (with a compat header for dirent.h under Windows).

--
Sent from my Universal Turing Machine