[Scons-users] Propagating build failure to independent project

Dirk Bächle tshortik at gmx.de
Mon Aug 5 11:18:15 EDT 2013

Hi Björn,

I'm not quite sure how "project references" work exactly in Eclipse CDT,
but to me it seems to be very clear that your executable definitely
depends on your library.
So, from the SCons point of view, it would be better to have them both
in a combined SConstruct, such that SCons always sees and constructs the
full dependency tree (library + executable).
In Eclipse you could then call either "scons your_lib_name" if you just
want to update the library, or simply "scons" to rebuilt everything that
has changed.

This should make special "after-build-failure" actions superfluous,
because the "scons" build will break automatically when the library
can't be updated.