[Scons-users] Scons using config.h.in

Marc Joliet marcec at gmx.de
Mon Apr 1 17:24:55 EDT 2013

Am Sun, 31 Mar 2013 12:07:23 -0500
schrieb Zachary Lund <admin at computerquip.com>:

> On Sun, 2013-03-31 at 17:15 +0200, Marc Joliet wrote:

> > Am Sat, 30 Mar 2013 00:10:32 -0500

> > schrieb Zachary Lund <admin at computerquip.com>:

> > > I cannot seem to be able to find a reasonable method of using an

> > > "outside" config. In autoconf, it's popular to have a "config.h.in" or

> > > similar to import static source. Autoconf automatically expects a .in

> > > file while scons doesn't seem to want to allow anything of the sort with

> > > ease.

> > > Any chance I'm missing something? If not, would such a feature be

> > > allowed in Scons?

> > Since nobody else replied yet:

> > I don't really know much of anything about autoconf, and hence what exactly

> > you're looking for, but maybe env.Substfile (see the scons man page) can do

> > what you want?

> > HTH

> Er, I didn't ignore your advice. I've tried using substfile but it's

> difficult getting env.Configure() to use the file you generate via

> Substfile. I *could* just put the config header generated by Configure()

> into another header (so there would be config.h, config.h.tmp and

> config.h.in) but it's sloppy.

Oh, that does look hacky. Well, I was only trying to give a pointer and maybe
motivate someone who actually has experience doing this to get involved in the
discussion :) . If I had the time I would read through the man page more
thoroughly, but I don't, so I can't.

I hope you find a good solution to this problem!
--
Marc Joliet
don't" - Bjarne Stroustrup