[Scons-users] error with gettext (translate) on some systems

Kraus Philipp philipp.kraus at flashpixx.de
Sun Sep 23 06:49:48 EDT 2012

Hello,

I'm using the translate builder for creating translation file. On some systems it works fine, but on other (my Linux) the

env = Environment( variables=vars, tools = ["default", "gettext"], BUILDERS = { ... } )

creates an error: EnvironmentError No tool named 'gettext' not a Zip file

On my OSX gettext / msginit is found and works, on my Linux the error is shown, but gettext and its tools are installed.

How can I solve the problem, so the gettext files are found or can I check if the tools exists and modify the env = Environment call, so that no error is occurs

Phil