[Scons-users] Problem with LaTeX and \makeglossaries

Managan, Rob managan1 at llnl.gov
Wed Sep 5 11:26:35 EDT 2012

Christian,

I don't recall the option to have symbols in glossaries back when we added support for that package so I am not surprised there is a problem.

I think I need an example though. I tried modifying our test document to include a symbol:
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
\documentclass{article}

\usepackage[acronym]{glossaries}

\newglossaryentry{nix}{
name={Nix},
description={Version 5}
}

\newacronym{gnu}{GNU}{GNU's Not UNIX}
\newglossaryentry{pi}
{
name={\ensuremath{\pi}},
description={ratio of circumference of circle to its
diameter},
sort=pi
}

\makeglossaries

\begin{document}

Acronyms \gls{gnu} and glossary entries \gls{nix}.

Here is a symbol \gls{pi}.

\printglossary[type=acronym]
\printglossary[type=main]

\end{document}

And with this I don't get a .symi file being written.

Can you modify this example to show the problem? Thanks.

Rob Managan email managan at llnl.gov
LLNL phone: 925-423-0903
P.O. Box 808, L-095 FAX: 925-422-3389
Livermore, CA 94551-0808