[Scons-users] Problem with LaTeX and \makeglossaries

Christian Brehm c_brehm at web.de
Wed Sep 5 11:01:07 EDT 2012

Hi,

I'm using the glossaries package for LaTeX.
With its help I'm generating a list of symbols, among others.

The makeglossaries command generates a .symi file which is later processed
by pdflatex. However, although scons should support \makeglossaries, I get
the following error in the log file:

> "No file thesis.symi."

while acronyms are generated:

Package glossaries Info: Writing glossary file thesis.glo on input line 25.

> \glo at acronym@file=\write5

> \openout5 = `diss_brehm.acn'.

> Package glossaries Info: Writing glossary file thesis.acn on input line 25.

> \glo at symbol@file=\write6

> \openout6 = `diss_brehm.symo'.

> Package glossaries Info: Writing glossary file thesis.symo on input line 25

Can anyone help me or point me to sth. that could help. I'm rather new to
scons and I have no idea how to debug it...

Thanks,
Christian