[Scons-users] Out of project tree builds

Francis Bolduc fbolduc at gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 21:40:45 EDT 2012

> I personally don't find much need for this sort of thing (and prefer the

> fact that SCons makes building multiple variants easier), but I can

> imagine that some people would.

So do I, but things become tricky if you use the Install() builder.

It makes sense to allow the user to specify the target installation
directory on the command line with AddOption().

But if the target directory is not under SConstruct, files will not be
copied... or at least that was my experience. Maybe I'm missing
something.