[Scons-users] FindFile returns on Cygwin always None

Philipp Kraus philipp.kraus at flashpixx.de
Sun Oct 21 07:22:43 EDT 2012

On 2012-10-06 23:25:51 +0200, Gary Oberbrunner said:

> On Sat, Oct 6, 2012 at 4:31 AM, Philipp Kraus

> <philipp.kraus at flashpixx.de> wrote:

> On 2012-10-06 00:50:59 +0200, Kraus Philipp said:

> I'm using env.FindFile for searching some files:

> f = env.FindFile( "myfile", env["LIBPATH"])

> On Linux & OSX FindFile returns the correct values, but on Cygwin f is

> always None.

> I have tested Scons 2.2.0 & 2.1.0 on Cygwin.

> On "native" Windows like VS command line, FindFile works also. It seems to be

> only a problem in the Cygwin shell

> This works for me, using any Windows shell:

> % cat SConstruct

> env = Environment(LIBPATH=['subdir'])

> f = env.FindFile('myfile', env['LIBPATH'])

> print f

> % mkdir subdir

> % touch subdir/myfile

> % scons -Q

> subdir\myfile

> '.' is up to date.

> Can you show exactly what's failing for you?  I don't see why the type

> of shell you start SCons in should matter.

Hi Gary,
sorry for the late answer. I*'m using in my Cygwin the bash (/bin/bash)
and also on your little example the print
line returns always None although the myfile exists.

Scons return:
$ scons
scons: Reading SConscript files ...
--None
scons: done reading SConscript files.
scons: Building targets ...
scons: `.' is up to date.
scons: done building targets.

and the files:
$ find .
.
./.sconsign.dblite
./SConstruct
./subdir
./subdir/myfile

I have replace the env.FindFile with a own function, that runs
for root, dirs, files in os.walk(l) :
it is slower, but this returns the correct values

Phil