[Scons-users] blocking execution until compilation is done

edA-qa mort-ora-y eda-qa at disemia.com
Sun Oct 7 06:50:04 EDT 2012

I have a "check" alias in my build file. I make this execute some
commands and make it depend on the files/programs required to execute
those commands. This all works fine. I would however like not to
execute the actual check programs until all other compilation is done.
As it works now the tests can start running as soon as their
dependencies are built (which is technically correct, but not what I want).

That is, say I have two tests aliased to "check" with these dependencies:
check_a : prog_a
check_b : prog_b

Now I run with "-j2" and prog_a is already built, but prog_b is
outdated. What happens is that "check_a" starts running and "prog_b"
starts to compile. What I want is that none of the check programs run
until all dependencies to all checks are done.

Note I don't want to make "check_a" depend also on "prog_b", since if I
execute "scons check_a" I expect only its real dependencies to execute.

Has anybody encountered this or have a possible solution?

--
edA-qa mort-ora-y
Sign: Please digitally sign your emails.