[Scons-users] How to override ".in" source suffix for Substfile Builder?

M Busche spammymatt94 at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 24 23:25:20 EST 2012

So I was trying to get the Builder Substfile (as described in the scons man page) to work with a source file that does NOT end with the default suffix ".in".  How do you do that?

My sconscript file:

   env = Environment(tools = ['default', 'textfile'])
   dict = {'c': 'C', 'f': 'F'}
   env.Substfile(dest='bar', source='foo', SUBST_DICT = dict)

The error I'm getting:

scons: Reading SConscript files ...
scons: done reading SConscript files.
scons: Building targets ...
scons: *** [foo] Source `foo.in' not found, needed by target `foo'.

I think builders usually have a SUFFIX variable you can set to change this behavior, but I don't see it mentioned in the man page.

Thanks much,
Matt