[Scons-users] Builder Chains Not Working?

Mark Ribau mribau at realtaentertainment.com
Thu Nov 15 20:45:23 EST 2012

Builder1 creates transmogrifies data from one structure to another.
MultiBuilder1 more or less concatenates data.
The output from the first group MultiBuilder1 calls is then passed into
MultiBuilder1 again with other data to merge that. The reason for this
step is so that we can examine the generated input and inject some manual
input.

Oh yea, I've actually wrapped .Alias in a function (Method) that does some
extra stuff, forgot to remove it's extra argument. The wrapper function
ends up doing env.Alias(target, source) ultimately.

My understanding was that a PseudoBuilder is a function and does not get an
emitter or scanner. Builder1 requires those. I need a way such that when
source0.json is being built by a particular builder (Builder1), that
MultiBuilder1 also gets run on it, passing in a specific target, and it
emits a second target as well. Doing this in the Emitter does work. Doing
it in the Build function had issues because it ran far too late for
dependency checking to pick changes up. I'm just trying to figure out why
the three ret's need to be aliased when I've never had to do that before
for anything else like this. With or without the alias calls, the
dependency graph looks correct and just like the other ones I've generated.
Is it b/c they are .json files and it gets confused by not being able to
have a input/output suffix chain?

*
*

*