[Scons-users] How to make Install depend on a command line target?

William Deegan bill at baddogconsulting.com
Sat Jun 23 16:23:00 EDT 2012

Brian,

On Jun 15, 2012, at 7:21 AM, Brian Raven wrote:

snip...

>>> [N.B. Using a pretty old version, v0.98.1.r2881. Not much choice in

>>> the matter.]

>> Wow, that's pretty ancient. Could you just install a new version

>> locally in your home dir or something? Anyway, probably not related to

>> this issue. I just feel sorry for you. :-)

> I can do that, but many of the others in the global development team do not have the necessary permissions. They are the ones to feel sorry for.

Can you expand upon this statement a bit?
We're trying to better understand restrictive environments users may be using SCons in, in order to make it easier for them to use.

Could your users not use the scons-local install?