[Scons-users] Library configuration

Guillaume Turri guillaume.turri at gmail.com
Wed Jun 20 13:37:37 EDT 2012

Hi,

2012/6/20 Evan Driscoll <driscoll at cs.wisc.edu>:

> On 06/20/2012 12:51 AM, Brady Johnson wrote:

> (2) it would hopefully give some uniformity in how those features are accessed.

> And while I'm at it, I might as well ask now: does this feature sound (a)

> awesome, (b) meh, (c) stupid?

To me, it could be awesome to have a standard way to let the end user
add options like --with-myLib=xxx, or flags such as LDFLAGS and so on
(à la autotools!)

I really like scons, and this lack of uniformity is the only thing
that prevent me from using it more than I currently do.
Fixing it could remove that fear that an end user tells me "Hey, I've
this special config, and I know that with autotools I just have to set
this flag, but since you use scons I don't know how you handle it
without reading your Sconscripts".

Regards,
Guillaume