[Scons-users] modify linker command

Kraus Philipp philipp.kraus at flashpixx.de
Mon Jun 18 16:11:38 EDT 2012

Am 18.06.2012 um 21:50 schrieb William Deegan:

> Phil

> On Jun 18, 2012, at 4:14 AM, Kraus Philipp wrote:

>> Hello,

>> can I modify the complete linker command? I would like to change some options before the command is run. I can't use the libflags or anything else, because an Autoconf run change this, so I would like to modify the command after Autoconf is run.

>> How can I do this?

> You can modify (append) to the LIBFLAGS or LDFLAGS..

Thanks I use this flags and Linkcom, but I have got some problems with static linking under OSX. I try to pass the -Wl -BStatic flags to the linker, but it seems OSX does not know the -Bstatic flag, so I can link static only if I add the full path to the *.a file, but I use Scons autoconf extension for detecting the libraries and headerfiles. In this case I can not get the full path to the library. Under OSX I can only create dynamic linked executables, not with static libs.

Do you have any idea in which way I can link static under OSX? I must get the full library path to the *.a file but in my env, that is created by the autoconf I can not find any option to get the full path and also I need a check if the *.a exists. conf.CheckLib works only for dynamic files, not with static.

At the moment it is a very bad situation with Scons

Thanks

Phil