[Scons-users] [scons-users] Support for Python 3?

Russel Winder russel at winder.org.uk
Tue Jun 12 02:43:29 EDT 2012

On Mon, 2012-06-11 at 18:41 +0000, Kenny, Jason L wrote:

> [...] same time ( and try to do it in a way that might support jython

> and ironpython).

Jython had been stuck for a while on Python 2.5, but I think recently
there has been a spurt of activity and it is now Python 2.7 compliant.
Sadly the standard Debian is 2.5.2 which will be the version in the next
stable release as the freeze is in three days. I haven't tried SCons on
Jython, must do that.

I am now using PyPy as the standard Python for running SCons and it
works fine.

IronPython is also packaged for Debian, using Mono. It is at version
2.6, but some sort of beta release. I guess I should give this a whirl,
especially as it is reputed to have no GIL.

--
Russel.
Dr Russel Winder t: +44 20 7585 2200 voip: sip:russel.winder at ekiga.net
41 Buckmaster Road m: +44 7770 465 077 xmpp: russel at winder.org.uk