[Scons-users] [scons-users] Support for Python 3?

Evan Driscoll driscoll at cs.wisc.edu
Mon Jun 11 12:41:08 EDT 2012

On 06/10/2012 01:37 AM, Russel Winder wrote:

> — Everyone I am presenting Python training courses to is at least on

> Python 2.5, though almost all are on Python 2.6, 2.7 and 3.2. I think

> switching SCons base version from 2.4 to 2.6 is viable and doable.

There are occasional polls on the Python mailing list about what
versions to support. There are a lot of people still who are sticking
with supporting 2.4; a primary reason for this is that is the version
used by Red Hat Enterprise 5, which is still somewhat widely used. (For
instance, by me! :-))

How much that matters, I dunno. (Despite saying that, I actually don't
really have a dog in the fight... we have many versions installed
side-by-side, and in fact I have 'python' set up to run 2.7.)

Evan