[Scons-users] [scons-users] Support for Python 3?

Gary Oberbrunner garyo at oberbrunner.com
Sat Jun 9 18:16:57 EDT 2012

On Fri, Jun 8, 2012 at 4:57 PM, Marcus Bitzl <mbitzl at googlemail.com> wrote:

> By now it's ok for me to stick with Python 2.7 as there are several other

> tools without support for Python 3. But in several months I'd like to

> switch completely (the earlier, the better). Is there anything I could do

> to help (I'm a firm Python programmer)?

A lot of the initial work was done a while ago; search the commit messages
(or dev list archives) for 2to3 for some info. Probably the best thing is
to start a branch for it; from what I've heard I don't think it's possible
to continue to support 2.4 (our current baseline) and 3 at the same time,
but there's a lot I at least don't know (Unicode, how far back can we still
support -- old python versions are still important, and probably other
things).

--
Gary