[Scons-users] [Scons-dev] Default number of jobs

William Deegan bill at baddogconsulting.com
Sat Jul 28 14:26:39 EDT 2012

David,

Firstly, this is a discussion better fitted to the users mailing list.

Secondly as you've posted before it's easy to make the change from the SConstruct level to change the default per project.

In general SCons aims to be a make replacement, and this includes some of the behavior.
Changing the default to more than -j 1 would break this compatibility.

I'd be against any such change.

Gary - Opinions?

-Bill