[Scons-users] Several questions that may sound silly :)

Propadovic Nenad npropadovic at googlemail.com
Tue Jul 24 03:27:09 EDT 2012

Hello dear everybody on the mailing list,

as I stated in the subject...

I was told to search for a Python equivalent to Maven, as I'm the
Python-guy in a multilanguage environment, and the chief wants to move
company IT to Python as far as possible. I remembered reading about Scons
some years ago, so I took a look at the page...

It looks a bit abandoned?

Having announced to the user list, I was pleased to receive the first
digest few hours later.

However, it was also the last since Wednesday...

So, silly question no. 1: is Scons still being actively developed?
#2: I see there is support for Java, but is Scons up to date with Java?

Is it still a good choice as a Java build system?

Thnx in advance!

Cheers,

Nenad